Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Losmandy upgrade advice for my 200p and EQ6

Hi,

I've recently setup shop in my Obsy and upgraded my kit to an NEQ6 pro with a 200p plonked on the top. The 200p dovetail is a bit weak and flimsy so wanting to upgrade to something a bit more sturdy and noticing one of these on Astrosellandbuy I went for it! (after checking that it came with the correct post 2008 puck the hour glass one, although this was the other way round on the site?).

http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16565&page=1

1) Can anyone recommend a losmandy dovetail for my 200p which could perhaps in the future take a 250pds/quattro upgrade?

2) do people still use the standard ota rings with Losmandy dovetails as these only have one point of contact the same as vixen style dovetail, or is the extra rigidity created purely by having a wider bar? I plan on sticking the old vixen bar ontop to aid rigidity as well.

3) This saddle only as one clamping scew, will this be adequate or should I consider drilling and tapping for an extra claming screw either side of the existing one?

Any advice on these Losmandy bits and bobs will be very much appreciated:)

Regards

Chris

Archived