Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Updating a ClassicvTelescope

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place

I am new to the forum and am still finding my way around.

I have been away from the hobby for about 35 years, and have just returned and bought a Meade LS8 with Light switch, BUT I have also been up in the loft and dusted off my original telescope a Tasco Lunagrosso 11TE-5 450 power Reflector It is a 4!/2"Job on an equatorial mount

I was quite surprised to find that it is still in A1 condition

I have used this telescope for a few nights and have been surprised at how well it performs. the H20 and H4.5 eyepieces are very small compared to my Meade , I have a H20 and H4.5 and a 2x Barlow

My son is an engineer and has said he can make me an adapter to take the Meade 1.25" eyepieces .

My main question is do any members still own/use a Lunagrosso and would the eyepiece adapter work with this scope. Any help would be appreciated

Gray

Know nothing about the scope but an adaptor should work as you can buy them, just don't ask where from as I have no idea. Seen them mentioned a few times and recently.

Suppose that the alternative is to change the focuser if you can identify a compatable alternative that takes 1.25". If you went for that then look at the Telescope Service site as they seem to have a fair selection of focusers.

From it's name I assume it was intended for observing the moon.

Archived