First time

Mackemchris

Just used my first telescope for the very first time in my back yard, cloud finaly buggered off for 5 mins. Managed to see jupiter and its 4 moons and it was awsome only white dots on my scope but still awesome.

I could use 25mm eyepiece and then 10mm but couldnt see a thing with 2x barlow lens, any idea why ? Im a complete noob.

Skywatcher explorer 130

Thanks

I suspect that when you put the 2x barlow jupiter went out of the fov or wasn't focused properly. The 10mm with 2x barlow will give you about x130 (650mm focal length?) which is fine for Jupiter in your scope. You will be able to see a some details if the seeing is good.

I should say that as above the eps supplied aren't the best. However, I did use them for a while and they got me by.

Yes that is possible, it was my first time ever using a telescope, i messed around with focus and moved around but couldnt sort it and the clouds were coming so just left it and enjoyed the view with just the 10mm. Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Archived