HEQ5 and Synscan aligning now - help!

Hi all!

Following my earlier post things slightly better but...

30 secs after plugging in Synscan red light is flashing. Mount is slewing to find stars but when I get to "use directional keys to adjust" i assume these are the 4 keys on handset but when i press them nothing happens?

Help me, is it as I dont have enough power (confirming my maplins jumpstarter is rubbish)?

Thanks

Bob

Are you sure nothing is happening?? Initialy the slew rate when using the keys is really slow, you can change the rate of slew by pressing the "rate" button, then a number key, 1-9 and then enter (quickly), this changes the speed of slew, increasing relative to the higher key you press

Glad it worked, i did the same misstake the first time as well to be honest.. :)

The slew rate 1-3 i normally only use to fine adjust the star as it's very very slow. For normal quick alignment, i use rate 4-6. If rate 7-9 is needed because scope is way off, then i normally recheck polar alignment, that the mount is level, and start over again with setting the time as i probably have messed something up somewhere.

By the way - if the red lamp on the mount is flashing it means it's not really getting enough power. This is usually due to low battery if using that, or a bad connection at the battery or in the power plug at the mount (quite a few people have this problem).

Could also be if you use very thin cables or if you use a 12V DC power supply wich isn't quite strong enough for the mount.

The mount won't normally take any damage from this, but when it's flashing, it's not much power loss/voltage drop that is needed for mount to stop working = need to start over again with setting data/time, aligning and all that.

Archived