Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wow its arrived and bigger than i thought.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks sparkyjon, I m sticking to my guns and waiting until I visit the observatory at tod, before I buy anything. I have ad my eyes opened to the size of some if these scopes, thinking about it more I think I just want to start of with the moon and planets in our solar system. My nephew on the other and (who is 11), stated that after visiting bomberbaz and seeing the telescopes he had that he wanted the smaller version of his new one. I think he will have a long time saving his money and waiting to see what he asked for his Christmas present. Still all this invigorates me to see the stars through scopes and wonder at the night sky. I am looking forwards to getting a clear Saturday night and going to the observatory.

John.

Your right mate its hard. I did want to get to the local meet before buying but with had weather cancelling it and me being 1: impatient and 2: an ebay bargain came up, i hit buy now without thinking about it lol.

The one thing that's come out of this is i can now gauge the size of any future upgrades thanks to pictures that have been put up in recent threads plenty of 8" against 12" and bigger pictures to judge and i don't think Im going to lose money on the deal..

Trust me to learn a lesson the hard way john (jaguarxjsport) your doing it the right way take your time and choose wisely.

Glad yours has come i wouldn't worry about that it looks like its going to be cloudy for a while..

Hope you get on with it and give us a review when you manage first light.

thanks Jon. Well I got the scope onto the mount today and balanced it all whilst hobbling about on my ankle. This is the first week I'm allowed to put a little weight on it. I'll need to re-balance it once there's an eyepiece in and I have a bracket for the finder scope , but I wanted to balance it anyway just for the practice of doing it. Then I'm hoping the collimation isn't out and I can get power sorted to run the mount. Got a leisure battery in a caravan to try it out with.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there is a lot going on in my house at the moment as we have also just passed the fostering panel so we are waiting for a placement that could happen at any time and both spare rooms (one which used to be my man cave) lol have now been turned into bedrooms.

That is fantastic, I hope everything goes well - Nice one!

Archived