Reliability of SkyWatcher synscan

Hi

I purchased a 10" dobsonian with synscan goto however I have been having problems with the synscan malfunctioning thankfully it is still under warranty and will be rereplaced my question is that I have had issues with mine on more than one occasion I was wondering if I have just been unlucky or is problems with the synscan common

thanks

I have had the same scope (assuming its the flextube) for about 16 months with no problem with the synscan. I did have to have the base replaced as I had a dodgy motor when it arrived, and I've seen other issues on here that may point towards quality control issues.

Hope you get yours sorted - it really is a fantastic piece of kit when it works properly.

I f you are reffering to accuracy problems, I've found that any problems are usually user error. I had a nightmare with mine, for the first few times I tried to use it, but every single problem was sorted by me correcting my errors....correct home position, correct time/date format, accurate polar alignement etc. I find the system itself is very good

Archived