Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SynScan Firmware update

I've just updated my SynScan Fimware to version 03.32 and I have a question to ask !!

Is it just me or is their NEW polar scope alignment feature a dud. Locate polaris at the 07:20 position for example when the old firmware gave you a precise setting in degrees, in my opinion a far more accurate way to do things.

Are SynScan just dumbing everthing down to make life easier for beginners ????

Ian

After playing with it for several hours I've decided that as I have a Polarscope version 3.32 ain't for me, reverted back to V3.27 as it gives you a R.A. setting as well as a rough clock position for polar alignment. Hopefully the next update will reintroduce the R.A. setting, until then I'm sticking to V3.27.

For anyone WITHOUT a polarscope then V3.32 is probably the way to go as it allows for small adjustments using the bolts and then slews to star, center using controller, read error margin, adjust bolts again then re-slew and repeat whole procedure again and again until error margin is as close to zero as you can get..

Ian

After playing with it for several hours I've decided that as I have a Polarscope version 3.32 ain't for me, reverted back to V3.27 as it gives you a R.A. setting as well as a rough clock position for polar alignment. Hopefully the next update will reintroduce the R.A. setting, until then I'm sticking to V3.27.

For anyone WITHOUT a polarscope then V3.32 is probably the way to go as it allows for small adjustments using the bolts and then slews to star, center using controller, read error margin, adjust bolts again then re-slew and repeat whole procedure again and again until error margin is as close to zero as you can get..

Ian

I got back my 3.27 version too...I will study the 3.32 version before I put it back. I lost an observing night with that ! Not happy !

Archived