Actually got to get out! Ha

Tom2012

Actually had the scope out last night for about and hour or 2! Can you believe it? Hah

Concentrated mostly on Jupiter. Never get tired of looking at that beast. Although the "boring" side was facing, I'm always amazed at the detail available to see. Bands, texture of bands, colour and those moments when Jupiter just pops right out at you! Amazing stuff. I used the 1.25" moon filter to dull out some of the high end brightness and I'm sure you could almost see the background colour too! 4 moons were spread across! Lovely sight.

Had a look at M42 but scope needs collimating and it was just out of focus and not as sharp as I remember seeing it first time round.

Looked at Hyades too through the viewfinder. Brilliant cluster! Enjoyed looking at that.

Tried for M1 over near the tip of Taurus' lower horn but failed miserably! Hah.

Well worth the wait!!

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Sent from my LT30p using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Nice Tom. I struggle with M1 from my garden. I never bother with anything much over x180 with Jupiter (if even that high)- seems one of those objects where you don't get any advantage with higher magnification beyind a certain point.

Archived