Thanks to all who helped

Stargazers Lounge has been a godsend to me in the last week. It's a very friendly place for someone looking for decent equipment but it goes much further than that. I've spent a good few days and nights soaking up an enormous amount of useful info here and generally speaking the courtesy and generosity extended by others has been amazing, while never being patronising or snobbish. Now awaiting my 150p Reflector and a good pair of Astro-binos after discounting other gear which I thought I needed but would have been completely wrong for purpose intended.

The links to member's blogs, images and advice has also been extremely helpful. Many thanks to all those members who guided me with wisdom!

You should enjoy your new scope as the 150P should give you some rewarding views, I suppose Stargazers could be looked upon to some extent as a money saving service, many newcomers to the hobby have ideas of what they want, but after taking cognisance of what is recommended, by more knowledgeable and seasoned Astronomers, often end up with something entirely different and equipment that serves them well, rather than a scope they would have bought and been disappointed with and ending up with it not being used or sold at a loss :)

John.

You should enjoy your new scope as the 150P should give you some rewarding views, I suppose Stargazers could be looked upon to some extent as a money saving service, many newcomers to the hobby have ideas of what they want, but after taking cognisance of what is recommended, by more knowledgeable and seasoned Astronomers, often end up with something entirely different and equipment that serves them well, rather than a scope they would have bought and been disappointed with and ending up with it not being used or sold at a loss :)

John.

Indeed John. A recent blog/podcast describes the 150p as the Ford Focus of telescopes and I think that is apt as well as amusing - inexpensive, reliable, popular and sensible, all for the right reasons.

Archived