Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SynScan AZ Update Firmware Error!

geordieskiers

Hi, I am trying to update the firmware of my SynScan AZ. I have downloaded the latest firmware (SynScanV0332AZEQ) and have downloaded the latest version of the SynScan firmware loader (V3).

I have bought a serial to USB adapter (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00077DJIQ) and installed the drivers on my win7 x64 PC with success

I have connected the hand set to my PC with no problems (holding 0+8)

The problem I'm having is when I try to update the firmware it erases the Flash ROM, then starts updating the firmware only to get to 3.74% then says "firmware update failed. cycle power to synscan and try again".

I have tried all of the USB ports on my computer and also tried on my laptop with the same results.

Now my synscan is currently blank and doesn't even power on unless I use the 0+8 to update the firmware. So it is useless until I get it updated.

Has anyone else had this problem? What does cycle power mean?

Thanks,

Geordie Skiers

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem, if i can remember you can press setup or enter after pressing 0+8 part and then press setup or enter then you can change the transfer rate i changed mine to med and it worked a treat

Archived