NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Opinion on C8 for DSO with flattener?

kirkster501

Hi, someone I know is flogging an immaculate C8 and I am quite interested in one of these for DSO. They are much shorter FL than my visual CPC1100 or a C9.25 and with a F6.3 reducer that's a lot of aperture at F6.3. Which is shorter FL than my ED80 !

Also there are a few reviews about that claim good results with C8. However, I am slightly aware that the experts like Olly are not convinced BY SCT's for DSO and that Steve Richards does not have a SCT.... :)

I am in no rush and 99% sure I will let this one pass (especially with the weather of late). But in general, whats the thoughts about the C8 for DSO? I now the C11 and C9.25 are tricky with their FL but the C8 ?

Many thanks and regards, Steve

Sorry, your post spoke about being much shorter FL than CPC1100/925 and your ED80, but at 2032 it isn't.

F6.3 is reasonably fast FR but at ~1300mm FL (with the reducer) it's not going to be the easiest thing to get tracking accurately.

Archived