Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette nebula in Ha

swag72

The Ha image is a corker and, in detecting slight noise, let's not forget how deep this is, with outlying nebulosity in there which we rarely see. Let's also remember that while the exposure time is very serious it is not yet at the limit of what is useful. You could usefully get even more. I've gone to ten hours on occasion at fastish F ratios and seen the benefit. This is a super result and joins the heavyweights alongside Damian's recent Ha monoliths! Great imaging.

Sara, when you sharpen you do exclude all the faint signal before doing so or remove the sharpening of the faint signal via layers afterwards? This is most important.

And you know there is only one perfect reractor... :evil::grin::evil::grin:

Olly

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sara, when you sharpen you do exclude all the faint signal before doing so or remove the sharpening of the faint signal via layers afterwards? This is most important.

And you know there is only one perfect reractor... :evil::grin::evil::grin:

Olly

Thank you Olly - Much appreciate your comments. Sharpening - Mmm, I just selectively sharpen using high pass. I'm sure there's a better way, but I don't know it! I'm not really sure what you mean either - Sorry to be a dunce!

Yes I know about THE perfect refractor - I'm working on it, honest!! But until it happens this little scope will do nicely!!

Archived