NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thinking About A Canon 1100d - What Are The Alternatives?

Cracking Camera this and definitely worth shopping around. I managed to get mine from Amazon when it was on a special offer as a complete kit for under £300.

My wife manged to get a second hand 1000D in perfect condition with 2 lenses, 3 batteries, all the software etc and carry case for £250. There are bargains to be had out there!

Only real difference I can see is that the 1100D has Live-view, but I haven't needed to use that feature for AP.

Good luck

The 1000D has live view but a slightly lower spec for AP than the 1100D which you shouldn't notice until you get well into AP.

IMO those differences become less the more you get into astrophotography. It's more about time spent on an target and processing than the camera. I have seen more cracking 20D images than I have 1100d ones. I've seen some stunning 500d ones and those are not the best for noise. What I'm saying is its far more to do with integration time and processing than the difference between any dslr.

Archived