Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone used a 9mm TS OAG with a reflector, DSLR and QHY5

Sam

As indicated by the title I'm looking at the low profile OAG from Teleskop Service but would like to know what others have experienced. I currently run a Canon 1000D with a MPCC through a Skywatcher 250px. I use a QHY5 as the guidescope piggybacked through a ST80. So I need to know if the DSLR, MPCC, TS OAG and QHY5 will all work on my 250px. :)

I got one the stars arent round elongated or bird shaped. I think this is because the tolerances in the fitting of parts is lose. It works but I an changing it out for a sx oag. I think this is why I get slight oscillation in dec because of the elongated stars.

I got the TS 9mm in November, but only started using it after Christmas when I bought a SX Lodestar Autoguide camera. I'm using them with the Skywatcher 200 PDS and PHD guiding and a Nikon D50 DSLR. I've only just started guiding, so I'm very low on the learning curve, and only a few results to show so far, M44 below being one. There's a bit of coma stretching the stars at the edges of the picture.

30 minutes guided in 5 minute subs, at ISO 400 on a misty night.

m44a.jpg

It is best done in daylight, focussing the DSLR first and locking the focus, then moving the guide camera in and out until the image is sharp. I then marked the sliding stem that holds the guide camera so it can be repositioned easily. I need to remove the guide camera holder in order to get the bayonet fixing on the OAG to turn and fit the camera, otherwise the DSLR camera battery compartment gets in the way! As I said, I still in the early stages of operating it, and my guiding graph looks more like a stormy ocean rather than a mill pond, but the initial results are promising!

Archived