Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Our 1st ever image

andy77

Well finally we had a break in the clouds tonight for a few hours tonight and got to try out out new SW150P-DS. i must say i was totally gobsmacked when jupiter came into

view, we used out new bst 8mm eyepiece. Also had ago with the 28mm skywatcher one that came with the scope but could'nt seem to achieve focus on anything, if you goys have any idea's why please let us know, all we got with the 28mm was a kind of halo effect aroung things ??? im not sure if the scope needs colomating, how do i fing out??

well this was our 1st outing with our scope and heres out 1st ever image from very new newbies :) :)

Clear Skies

Andy & Abigail

post-18774-0-65717000-1357114650_thumb.j

Well done on your first image, it's a good start.

For others to give advice, let us know ;

What camera you used?

Was it a single image, or AVI (short video)?

How did you process the image?

Cheers,

Grahame.

Hi grahame

I used my canon 600d dslr body (prime focus)

Single frame shot

few tweaks in Adobe lightroom.

Andy

Also had ago with the 28mm skywatcher one that came with the scope but could'nt seem to achieve focus on anything, if you goys have any idea's why please let us know, all we got with the 28mm was a kind of halo effect aroung things ??? im not sure if the scope needs colomating, how do i fing out??

Great image!

About the 28mm - I'm pretty sure your'e not using the 2 inch extender which comes with the scope - you need to add this to the focus tube before attaching the 28mm otherwise you will not reach focus.

Andy.

Great image!

About the 28mm - I'm pretty sure your'e not using the 2 inch extender which comes with the scope - you need to add this to the focus tube before attaching the 28mm otherwise you will not reach focus.

Andy.

Thankyou :):):)

You have some good detail for a single shot.

Apologies for teaching you to suck eggs, if you have seen this already in the plantery section.

For plantery images most people use a webcam or dedicated astro cam.

They take AVI's, small movie files.

The advantage of this is the AVI's are effectively taking lots of images in succession. Also a short AVI "ignores" the effect of planetary rotation.

This way you get more detail from the images when you "stack" them.

Programs like Registack take the AVI files and process it into one eventual image.

That's a very basic description. Have a look in the plantery section, I'm sure there are some useful threads.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Archived