Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ5 - DSLR Connection

Mache

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the 200P a bit wibbley wobbley on the EQ5 for visual use let alone imaging. Can be done but will require patients.

Hmm, this does need to be said, Andy, though I'm glad you said it first ;) hehe, sorry. But the 200p / EQ5 combo can accurately be described as wibbley and wobbly, so it'd be wise to keep it in mind when deciding on your purchase.

Although its probably the smallest and cheapest mount available for basic AP if you need a lighter option, anything smaller would struggle to be an imaging set-up at all and you'd have to use a tiny scope (ie EQ3-2 with small refractor) and be very lucky and patient.

Regards

Aenima

Totally agree there. Also the EQ5 altitude bolts aren't very thick so may bend easier under the full load of 200P, counterweights and camera etc. I never chanced it and always upgrade my bolts to the Astro Developments ones.

They have held up so far, but with more demand from polar aligning properly I really would need to upgrade the alt set at least.

Up and down is more stressed under the weight than the left/right bolts so rather than 50 quid for the set i'm just looking at 27 quid for the two altitude adjusters.

Quite expensive for nuts n bolts but when you consider the price of a new mount if the bolts jam inside its not such a bad deal ;)

Regards

Aenima

Thanks for the info Aenima, Catweazel and Andyfx! :smiley:

Widefield pics will be my next stop. Been messing with the Aperture settings and getting some nice pics with the kit lens, but ill be looking for a new lense sooner than later.

Still tempted to get the 200p EQ5, i could get a bit for the 200p and get something else smaller to put on the EQ5.

Thanks again guys

Archived