Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got my fix!

Bart

After WEEKS of just looking at the telescope, finally got out to observe Europas shadow transit. Seeing was poor but got it clearly, together with the moon disc at the edge of the planet.

Polished the alt bearing on the big dob to eliminate the squeaking. It worked so well I had to rebalance! It's amazingly smooth, wonder how long it will last?

Happy New Year and Clear Skies

Barry

After WEEKS of just looking at the telescope, finally got out to observe Europas shadow transit. Seeing was poor but got it clearly, together with the moon disc at the edge of the planet.

Polished the alt bearing on the big dob to eliminate the squeaking. It worked so well I had to rebalance! It's amazingly smooth, wonder how long it will last?

Happy New Year and Clear Skies

Barry

haha - newsyears morning? now thats a stargazing adict!

well At least i stopped at 11:45! - yes it was poor seeing but I got 1st light for my ES 82 30mm - its been looking at me for a fortnight since it arrived - asking me why I have been ignoring it :clouds2:

Al

Archived