Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

processing raws in dss?

Scott

just wondering if people who know more than me (everyone) process their raws or do you convert them to tiffs first? the reason i ask is that dss doesn't seem to recognise enough stars and i usually get a message saying 1 image will be stacked but if i convert them to tiffs i don't get a problem. only problem is the size of the files. hope this makes sense

Scott

you need to go to advanced setting and change the % the lower the number the more star it will detect the high the number the less stars it will detect

thanks for your reply Daniel, i tried this but with no luck. 1 star detected on raw and 250+ on tiff. i'm a bit lost as to what to try next

Scott

no thats just the normal version, the beta version is here http://tech.groups.y...DeepSkyStacker/ just below the 3.3.2 download

Thanks so much for your help Daniel. I've got to go out now but i'll download it as soon as i get home. should i delete the old version first or will beta upgrade it? sorry to be a pain

Scott

Archived