NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which and Why?

rowan46

I stand to be corrected but I think the TS Marine and the William Optics ED are the same binocular, both manufactured by this company...

http://www.united-optics.com/products/binoculars/Giant_Binoculars/BA8_Series/BA8_Series.html

If its the case, the Helios Apollo can also be added the the list and would be my choice as they're the least expensive.

]

I stand to be corrected but I think the TS Marine and the William Optics ED are the same binocular, both manufactured by this company...

http://www.united-op...BA8_Series.html

If its the case, the Helios Apollo can also be added the the list and would be my choice as they're the least expensive.

Thanks for the reply I hadn't seen the helios they do look the same as and cheaper than the ts ones but the wo and b&s have ed glass no mention of that in the helios ones

Personally I'd hate to have individual focus on the EPs. OK, fine for astronomy for a single user but what a pain for birding, wildlife, general use of any kind and for passing around friends. So, from your list, I'd go for the Barr and Strouds. I recently switched from 10x to 8x as well and greatly prefer the lower magnification, mainly for the reduced jitters. I don't use bins to get into telescopic detail so I don't mind the slight drop in magnification and I do like the wider FOV.

Olly

I'd agree with Olly on that, looking serioously at the B&S 8x56 bins for generally scanning around the sky while imaging. I'm just not decided as to whether I need the ED glasses or not. At higher mags and if I was trying to 'use' the bins in a more scientific manner I can see the ED glass being a requirement, but general here-there-n-everywhere use I'm not so sure....

Archived