Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

light pollution ,reynalton nr tenby south wales

Scott

I've booked a holiday here in may and was wondering if any of you south welshmen could shed some light on the.... umm, light pollution down there. gotta be better than sunny stoke on trent ;)

if i've posted in the wrong forum would some kind mod move it please :)

Scott

Hi auspom,

I have a dark sky overlay for Google Earth showing approximate light polution levels across the UK. Reynalton has a yellow overlay meaning "250-500 stars. Strong light pollution but the Milky Way can appear in good conditions. Some Messiers among the most bright can be visible with the naked eye.". The centre of the place is however about 1.5 miles from the edge of serious lightinf levels from Begelly/Pentlepar/Broadmoor and Saundersfoot to the SE. Hope this helps. I have tried comparing its estimates with actual conditions in various parts of Notts and when holidaying in Norfolk this year and it proved accurate. Good news-if you go NW out of Reynalton the skies get appreciably darker and the light from the coast is further away. Perhaps any SGL member living locally can vouch for the level of light pollution in the area-nothing like local knowledge/experience.

Cheers,

Steve

Archived