Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helios fieldmaster 10x50

smoggie89

Hey all just made my first purchase and went for these, was just wondering if anyone has/had a pair what they like? What should I expect to see with them? They have been despatched from Harrison telescopes should be here sometime next week :) cheers Nathan.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a pair of these, they seem decent for the money. Big open clusters like the Beehive (in Cancer), Pleiades and Hyades (both in Taurus) are really good targets for binoculars like these.

As Michael says still a really useful tool even if you mostly use a scope, my 10x50s get used most while I'm waiting for the scope to cool, having a first look at a new target and after I've packed everything else away (so a lot :) then).

I like sweeping the sky with them from a deck chair and in the summer following the progress of satellites with them.

It's worth looking at different ways of holding them to get the steadiest most comfortable view, Tetenterre has a great binocular astronomy website http://binocularsky.com/ with tips on doing this (and many other things).

oops I just noticed the date of the original post, I was going to say I hope you enjoy them, but I also hope now you have been enjoying them so far :)

Tyr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived