Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't get Firecature to reconise my IMG132E camera.

zenofrag

Does anyone know how to get the firecature software to reconise an IMG132E camera ? I have tried to alter the setting as mentioned on the firecapture website . I tried to alter it in notepad, which seems to contain the program instructions, but it says I am not authorised to do this,

Any suggestions or help to solve this problem would be appriciated.

I am having problems getting the camera to run at a speed greater than 15 frames per second when using the supplied software even though I am using a C14 for imaging Jupiter.

Many thanks, Patrick :smiley:

I think you mean amend the file by turning QHY to "on"? If so the old trick is to do the following - use either notepad or wordpad:

1. Open the original file and then save it under a new name - ie make a duplicate of it.

2. Do the same again (with another new name) just in case!!!!

3. Delete the original file.

4. Open one of your copies and make your changes.

5 Save your changed file with the original file name - making sure it has the correct .xxx file extension.

6. When entirely happy that everything works - you can delete the copies you made as backup.

You will have to be "Administrator" to do this. Hope this helps.

Hi Roger,

Many thanks for your help with this it now works on my new laptop, but not on my 6 year old laptop. However I am still only getting 25 frames per second running the camera on the new laptop which has a duo core proceesor.

Anyy further suggestions,.

Many thanks, Patrick :smiley:

I have found that to get the best frame rate from the camera my lappy must be doing nothing else but downloading data from the camera. Things that slow this down are (in no particular order):

Any other program running (unless essential).

Internet connection (especially if doing a "background" download of Microsoft updates for instance!) should be disabled.

Anti virus software (again downloading or, worse, scanning your hard disc).

No doubt you can think of a few more!

I now try and have my lappy powered up and running for an hour or so before I take it out imaging with the QHY - it pays to have all these tasks out of the way.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info I will work on it.

Do you know how to get a colour image from firecapture ? I can only see a monochrome image from my colour camera. I notice that there are a number of different filter settings, but you only seem to be able to select one of them, in my case a red one.

Thanks, Patrick :smiley:

To get colour you need to set De-Bayering to ON. This gives you colour at the expense of much larger file sizes and in some cases a reduced frame rate.

If you have De Bayering OFF you can run your .avi's through the seperate debayer program that comes with Firecapture.

Archived