NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader T Thread Delrin Rings

Tim

I cannot tell you how many times I have had T2 thread accessories stuck together, or how many adapters I have had to bin because the only way to free them was to cut them off :s

Not to mention the hours, probably, wasted trying to add a couple of millimeters to some spacing arrangement between a camera and a flattener or reducer etc.

I have tried all kinds of solutions, heat guns, PTFE tape, washers made from milk bottles, bits of insulation tape etc etc

The solution is these rings from Baader.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/baader-t2-delrin-spacer-ring-set.html

They actually come cut a lot neater than the picture here shows, they press neatly on to the male thread, and take all the potential for a nightmare of bound threads away. They are strong, flexible enough to allow them to fit the thread, but sturdy enough to retain their shape and not stretch or distort. I haven't yet put a micrometer on them, but they are around 1mm in thickness, making it nice and easy to attain accurate spacing of imaging systems.

Such a simple bit of kit, but so effective, I can't believe it took me so long to start using these things! Now each one of my T2 threaded accessories and filters has a ring with it, they stay on the threads once in place as well, so should be no danger of them falling on the floor and getting lost.

They are so good, they should almost certainly be de rigueur with all T-threaded bits and bobs, it would certainly make life easier.

Honestly one of the most useful items I have ever bought for the hobby!

Cheers

Tim

I second Tim's comments - these really are very good.

Tim hasn't mentioned that they come in a pack of 15 which contains a variety of thicknesses ; 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.4mm (three of each), so they can be used for fine tuning spacings as well as stopping threads binding.

Mine are very cleanly cut (as Tim has said - much neater than the image on FLO's website) and they were very tight on the thread, but with a little warming they went on a treat. If I ever need to get them off again, I think they'll have to be cut off with a scalpel / modelling knife though.

Happy Boxing Day!

Steve

Archived