Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First crack at moon 25/12/12

stem1989

Its something I have never had chance to photograph as since I bought all my imaging gear I have only had a couple of clear nights, tonight was no exception but I managed to get 1 decent shot.

Any ideas how to improve? the edges look very soft no where near as crisp as the centre,is this just because it is not 100% lit?

Any advice or suggestions much appreciated. Sorry if I posted image twice not sure what Im doing :D

post-27035-0-28608600-1356470720_thumb.j

Hi there, that's a nice image, especially for a first attempt. Can I ask, did the moon fill the FOV of the scope? If so, that's why it looks soft at the edges. It may also be a little overexposed; try 1/500, ISO 200 next time and compare the results with this one; you can always play around with settings, that's one of the joys of digital photography. A great start though :grin:

Archived