NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion 80mm Short Tube Refractor

stem1989

I recently bought one second hand for next to nothing but I understand new with an EQ1 mount they are around £120 which is why I cant recommend this enough for a first little scope for a complete novice.

It has offered spectacular sharp detailed views of the moon, small but sharp and satisfying views of Jupiter and some of the largest DSO's look very nice through it. It would be a nice scope for a beginner as its easy to use, light weight great for a grab and go scope. But one thing I really love about it is the ability to take some really great wide field shots with a DSLR / webcam if you are placing it on a better mount. Overall I cant rate this scope enough given the price tag. I know the Skywatcher ED80 pro is a beautiful scope but for now and as my budget wont allow for an ed80 pro its filling a hole :D

I recently bought one second hand for next to nothing but I understand new with an EQ1 mount they are around £120 which is why I cant recommend this enough for a first little scope for a complete novice.

It has offered spectacular sharp detailed views of the moon, small but sharp and satisfying views of Jupiter and some of the largest DSO's look very nice through it. It would be a nice scope for a beginner as its easy to use, light weight great for a grab and go scope. But one thing I really love about it is the ability to take some really great wide field shots with a DSLR / webcam if you are placing it on a better mount. Overall I cant rate this scope enough given the price tag. I know the Skywatcher ED80 pro is a beautiful scope but for now and as my budget wont allow for an ed80 pro its filling a hole :Dhi where abouts do they sell with eq1

Archived