Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quality of Filters?

Katen

My daughter has managed to get her hands on a Meade DSI Pro II Mono, her scope is a Skywatcher Explorer 150P.

It's seems, like all astro eyepieces / filters that there is a huge price (and presumably therefore quality) band to choose from.

Is it right that there will be an optimum quality of filter that her scope can cope with - ie no point buying filters that out perform her scope?

My question is - what quality / cost of colour filters (Red Green and Blue) does she need for her set up ?

Some advice and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Kate

As camera chip sizes grow people sell on the smaller filters to buy bigger ones for their new chips. This makes for a decent used market in good 1.25 inch filters of the kind your daughter needs. You could try a wanted ad here and on UK Astrobuysell.

I haven't used budget LRGB filters for a few years now but, if buying new, maybe these would be OK. http://modernastronomy.com/filtersOther.htm

Ian King used to do a budget set but I just checked his website and can no longer see them.

Olly

Archived