Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

quick mono crab

Daniel-K

had bit of clear skys last night and thought i would try and test the modded 300d i just bought which failed completely! so i stuck my Mammut in but little did i knwo that when putting the LP filter on everything had steamed up so ended up with this post-6284-0-84743100-1355649681_thumb.pn when i tried to focus so had to strip it all down then a quick blast with the hair dryer and it was all good . im waiting on a replacement :rolleyes: should be here next week

still think im struggling with focus post-6284-0-37990900-1355650193_thumb.pn are myabe coma?? i have no idea

4x5mis subs uncooled

mammut ccd

8"Quattro

NEQ6 gudiing finder guider QHY5 -PHD

post-6284-0-38322400-1355649664_thumb.pn

I'm not sure what the graph means, not really learnt enough yet though i'm guessing its about tracking and starshape etc. but thats some nice detailed wisps in the crab nebula. :)

I get a lot of comet shaped stars at the edge of FOV, not sure what the main cause is though, sorry.

5min subs, thats a long time :eek: at least in comparison, very nice image it looks like it will be great when you sort out the trouble you mentioned. :)

Regards

Aenima

Your collimation is out Dan, I know you are working on it :)

Based on the Crab picture I'd guess that the secondary is rotated off the axis. This will make focusing properly almost impossible anyway.

When you nail the collimation, you'll get a true picture of how much coma you have.

Just shout if you need any further help with it :)

Tim

Your collimation is out Dan, I know you are working on it :)

Based on the Crab picture I'd guess that the secondary is rotated off the axis. This will make focusing properly almost impossible anyway.

When you nail the collimation, you'll get a true picture of how much coma you have.

Just shout if you need any further help with it :)

Tim

Wow. Neat trick :D

How do you tell by looking at the picture?

Might try giving you one of my images, see what might be wrong with my set-up. All I know is there is something off somewhere - unfortunately i'm not really that experienced with imaging yet.

But thats impressive. :)

Regards

Aenima

Archived