Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan Handset Should Keys be Backlight on Pressing?

lifeonmars

Hello everyone should the keys on the HEQ5pro Synscan Handset show a dim backlight on pressing Individual keys,to aid in the id of what you are pressing,it`s just I seem to find myself having to hold the handset in one hand shine my dim red torch with the other hand and press the keys with whatever is left!!

I have looked in the menus under settings but cannot find anything relating to the keys only the LCD screen brightness and contrast, Handset is v3.27.Am i missing something?

Thanks for any ones help in anticipation.

funnily enough tingting i have updated the firmware recently to tne v 3.27 version and i don`t know if its since then i have had the problem having only just noticed it

when i updated the firmware i had a lot of trouble getting out of standalone mode ,so i disconnected it and went through the process a good few times,i dont know if maybe i have blown something or not on the board associated with the illumination of the keys,but thanks for your help anyway

Lifeonmars,

the handset Setup menu entry, it's the "LED backlight" setting which controls the brightness of the keys. You press the <> keys to decrease/increase how much the keys are backlit.

I know some might do an auto-turnoff until you press a key and then they all get backlit, not just the one you press.

Archived