Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Morning Constellations

Took this shot yesterday morning around 7am. Its a mosaic made up of 8 images looking in a North Western direction.

Each shot was a 20 second exposure at f3.5 and ISO 3200.

I never actually planed to add the lines, that idea came after stiching the image. If i had planned this, i could of included more. Maybe next time.

The editing and constellation lines were added in CS5. It took alot longer than expected to pick out and join all those stars!

gallery_26473_2125_2951331.jpg

I've never been that kean on astro images with outlined constellations but after trying a couple over the last few weeks, i think they can look good and add something to an image.

Feel free to add any similar images you may have tucked away!

And on a seperate note, good luck to anybody hunting Geminids tonight! It just started raining here :(

I like that Iksose,especially the strictly come dancing couple and the one below them limbering up :laugh:

Never tried any stitching of umages is it easy to do??

I have CS3 can it be done in that do you know??

Thanks! Haha i've never noticed that before. Yeah its very easy if you can find the right program, which took me a while. Download Microsofts ICE program. Its free, and very easy to use. I once spent hours tring to manualy stitch a milky way mosaic together and gave up, then i found ICE and it does it in seconds! Great tool to have.

Archived