Hello from Maine

hhsk

Thanks for the warm welcome friends!

@ bomberbaz - Yes I love Maine, lived here most of my life. I spent 2yrs stationed in Germany which was equally as beautiful. Got to spend some time in Gretchen Switzerland - skiied the glacier at Flims - Laax! Visited Saint Die Des Vosges France (partied with the local Fire Dept...what a story I have for that weekend). The Austrian Mtns are incredible! Then spent 2yrs down south in Savannah Georgia then ran away to Los Angeles CA one summer. Visted Vegas last year for a week. Georgia was too humid, Los Angeles was too perfect 70 degrees and sunny everyday, who wants that. Germany had too many cloudy days and drizzle. Switzerland was too expensive. Vegas was morally dirty and the view of the surrounding Mtns is majestic but the desert got boring to look at after a few days. I might be biased here but Maine is familiar and offers a lot of natural beauty with its four seasons and 2000 lakes and lays claim to the highest Mtn on the East coast at Arcadia National Park - that was a good day hike. Ive yet to hike the highest peak in Maine at Baxter state park which is Katahdin @ almost 1 mile up.

@glowjet - Thanks for the input. $1500 USD is all I can spend to start with. I hope I dont get so hooked that I end up selling a car to buy a new solar scope! If I do I'll keep you guys posted for sure.

@michigander - The hat in my avatar is for a hockey team called the Boston Bruins. Baseballs ok, Footballs better - I like contact sports and Tennis.

@todd8137 - "I wonder if you no why,if photons have no mass how can gravity bend light photons ?" Taking me up on my offer to answer any questions huh haha :) - from Einsteins general relativity theory the light photons are not bending but the fabric of space is - gravitational lensing. I forget which episode this is in...

@estwing - Nice where did you visit? Your Avatar pic looks pretty awesome, where was that taken?

As I posted my first post I was on a google appointed astro site looking at just that, a Coronado PST .5a

It just seems too perfect! I'd hate to buy it then find out I can get something else for half the money or make something better for a fraction of the price. So I wanted to ask you folks first.

That scope only weighs 3lbs! And should fit nicely in my backpack.

So thats the scope to buy. Next is which stand and which eye pieces are a must have while not breaking the budget.

Photographing the Sun would be awesome! maybe next year...

Thanks again

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was in killington 2yrs ago..have relatives in charlestown..vermont..she won the New York state lottery in 83' think it was..and the pics of me in lake louise last year..good times!..by the way..i'm a HABS fan!!

Archived