Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second attempt with X-Box cam.

nephilim

Although these arnt fantastic, it's only my second go from last night, slowly getting the hang of it but I seem to be struggling with the focus altho the was very slight cloud over the sky last night which wont help??Capture 12_6_2012 12_30_47 AM.bmpCapture 12_6_2012 12_32_30 AM.bmp

Capture 12_6_2012 12_36_00 AM.bmp

Capture 12_6_2012 12_40_37 AM.bmp

Capture 12_6_2012 12_58_21 AM.bmp

You should be pleased with those. I have just picked up an xbox cam to. Focus can be challenging. I just get it there, leave it, tweak it, leave it, tweak it until I feel I have the best focus.

suqe6u6u.jpg

This is my first lunar effort.

qeqaqyhu.jpg

And my second Jupiter effort.

What capture software do you use? I use sharpcap and just tweak my capture settings until I dont think I can get it any better.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Those are pretty good nephilim. If you have a Barlow lens then you'll get a bit more magnification on Jupiter which can help bring out the features. If you have Registax then it's always helpful to have a play with wavelets as this can really sharpen up the features in the stacked images. The effects can be quite startling.

You should be pleased with those. I have just picked up an xbox cam to. Focus can be challenging. I just get it there, leave it, tweak it, leave it, tweak it until I feel I have the best focus.

suqe6u6u.jpg

This is my first lunar effort.

qeqaqyhu.jpg

And my second Jupiter effort.

What capture software do you use? I use sharpcap and just tweak my capture settings until I dont think I can get it any better.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Nice images, I'm using Sharpcap. I'v been advised to get a batinov mask to get the focus right & i'v found out that the reason I'v no colour with the Jupiter pic is because the saturation was set to zero, so il try that next. I'd be happy with the quality with yours tho. Very well done. :smiley:

Those are pretty good nephilim. If you have a Barlow lens then you'll get a bit more magnification on Jupiter which can help bring out the features. If you have Registax then it's always helpful to have a play with wavelets as this can really sharpen up the features in the stacked images. The effects can be quite startling.

The clouds were rolling in when I went for Jupiter so it was very rushed, i'll wait for the next clear night & try the barlow, thanks for the advice. :smiley:

These were my Sharpcap settings for the jupiter picture. I dont understand the science behing it, I just make it up as I go along.

[Video Camera ]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-6

Brightness=115

Contrast=38

Hue=-10

Saturation=58

Sharpness=101

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=4670(Auto)

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=24

These were my Sharpcap settings for the jupiter picture. I dont understand the science behing it, I just make it up as I go along.

[Video Camera ]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Exposure=-6

Brightness=115

Contrast=38

Hue=-10

Saturation=58

Sharpness=101

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=4670(Auto)

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=24

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Exposure=-6

Brightness=139

Contrast=54

Hue=-117

Saturation=0

Sharpness=130

Gamma=180

WhiteBalance=2770

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=54

These are mine, I suppose it'll all be relative to the conditions at the time but i do think I need to take my saturation up a bit & my hue down. I must admit that I just press buttons until it looks nice haha. :smiley:

Archived