Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

need help with this stacked image

d4m0n

ok so i posted a couple of weeks ago about not getting much data from my images, here is what i got of bodes this is 1hr 22m exopsure at 200 iso.

BYzck.jpg

could someone perhaps tell me why my picture is becoming so pixelated and leaving streaky lines? using canon550d raws. 42lights, 20 darks.

any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

some more info on the software being used for stacking and post processing will help people answer you question better. give as much info as you can

iso 200 is quite low so i'd imagine your having to stretch this quite a bit to get the galaxys to come out. it looks a little like posterisation from over stretching

2 min subs at iso 200 isn't going to get you a heap of signal so it won't take a lot of stretching

Can you upload the raw stack to Dropbox so other members can have a go at processing to see how it comes out

I think a softer touch is in order

Also when was this image taken as the position and brightness of the moon is going to play havoc with DSLR imaging

Try without darks, and use sigma clipping to stack in DSS. That might remove the streaks which are probably due to a combination of mismatched darks and image motion (unless you were autoguiding, in which case I have no idea what they are). I never use darks with my 1000D as they often seem to introduce artifacts like this.

Try stretching in DSS first to see if you can get a decent picture in DSS before you save it. The ISO shouldn't really matter.

NigelM

Archived