Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aldi telescope

Put it this way - if I can't get it for 1/2 price (or preferably less) I just move on... world is full of un-wanted telescopes :tongue:

Would love you to point in the direction of them, as I've been looking for some months now without success - maybe I'm too pernickety (oh ok....fussy) in what I want. Occassional one comes up on AstroBuySell (or even classifeds here) but always something not quite right - usually price as folks seems to want a minimum of 65% of retail and quite often quite a bit more, and then delivery, often 2 or 3 times what a retail outlet would charge???

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there is a jolly good reason for it!  :police:

Unfortunately, the facility was abused in the past, and at one stage was disabled for everybody (not fun). So we had to set a minimum post count, as we do for classifides - this prevents or reduces abuse of the system by malevolent forces.

I agree the need (I run a forum myself) - but 250 posts???

• 2 months later...

These are going dirt cheap at the local Aldi at the moment, so I picked one up for under thirty euro. A little bit of stalk bending later, and I can get reasonable collimation. I might centre spot the mirror to make it a bit more accurate, but it's currently close enough for what I want it for.

It does look a little weird with an eyepiece in it that cost x10 what the scope did..

Typed on a handheld screen.

Archived