NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bought a modded 450d this week :)

kirkster501

As a treat to myself for getting good marks on my part time masters degree :) I have bought, this week, - a modded 450d in immaculate condition with Baader replacement clear filter so AF still works (I now get the pink tint to everything in "normal" photos). I got this for £220 which looks not a bad deal from what I can gather.

I already have a 1100d which I have being using as a beginner in AP. I bought the 450d since I did not want to mod the 1100d since I now enjoy using it for day time use. I expected to actually mod the 1100d when I bought it but changed my mind when i realised how nice it was for photoing the kids etc....

I have two questions please?

1. What benefits would I expect to actually see from a modded DSLR and the 450d? Emission nebula is what I have read but my bag is actually galaxies and wide field Milky Way views, planetary and globular clusters. What do you reckon?

2. I feel a further "treat" to myself is also in order :) So I was looking at a CLIP filter for LP. Which CLIP makes sense for a modded camera as above with the pink view please?

All comments and thoughts welcomed. Thanks.

Kind regards, Steve

Archived