Jupiter Europa transit 29.11.12

knobby

Certainly stunning seeing for the last couple of nights....odd with the very cold weather.

Sort of conditions where the larger an moons, Uranus etc really seem to be little balls with 3D perspective, rather than just flat disks.

Chris

Should have read Jovian not an - my computer keeps on carrying out security scans while I'm trying to use it.....Chris

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was certainly a lovely experience to see that transit. Glad so many others got it too. I also could not find the moon but the shadow was exquisite. As luck would have it this was a first light with a new 5mm BST. Clouds started to come in so fell asleep till 1:30. I spent another hour keeping my from scope company!

The cold front paid off and we got some settled conditions last night. Front might remain for another night so good luck folks!!!

I watched the transit of Europa last night I saw the Europas shadow but did not see Europa. observed the event with my 10" f6.3 and a12mm eyepiece with a moon filter and saw four cloud bands. Very good seeing till the cloud came. John

Archived