NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads Up - 12V Mains Adapter @ Halfords

Roy Batty

You may already be aware of this product, but for those of you thinking about getting a mains adapter to power your scope at home you might want to consider the following from Halfords:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_211677_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_33951_crumb_34005_parentcategoryrn_33951

It's marketed to power their camping fridges / coolboxes, but at £12.99! it does the job nicely for my HEQ5. It's rated up to 5amps so it copes easily with the mounts 2 amp load, also I think it delivers actually around 13volts.

Despite having pictures of happy campers on the packaging the irony is that it says for indoor use only on the box, so don't go dipping that electrical equipment in a bucket of water...as if! :nono: :D

cheers

RB

umm... that link says £24.99, not £12.99.

Andrew

Oooops I see what you mean :D , I bought one in-store priced at £12.99, I swear they were that price online a few days ago!???

Well maybe you can still grab one at the £12.99 price in-store..worth a look anyway?

RB

Archived