Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Normal photography with a modded camera?

Ags

I think I will have budget to mod my camera next year, but no budget for a new camera. So, is it possible to take normal photos with a modded camera? I know that in theory you can just shoot a custom white balance, but I doubt that works very well as the red signal is being doubled relative to green and blue. That would mean that red in a modded camera would overexpose very easily and a custom white balance wouldn't fix that.

Is it possible to buy a blue-green filter to restore the normal color balance (I think there is clip-in but that's a non-starter as I use EF-S lenses for most normal photography).

I use the above filter. Works perfectly for me. You are absolutely right though, you can't use Canon EF-S lenses. The 3rd party EF-S lenses that I've used are fine as are Canon full format EF lenses. Just those darned EF-S jobs

Hmmm... I just rather like the EF-S 55-250. It would be a shame if I had to replace it - all the alternatives are double the price and weight, and are often not as good optically.

I'd be happy to screw on a 58mm filter if I could find one suitable - I only go out with one lens at a time.

But... this would give me a reason to upgrade my rotten 18-55 kit lens :-)

Archived