Baader Zoom - 1.25" filter w/2" adapter?

Hi There,

I bought a Baader Hyperion Zoom earlier this year and have since bought SW Aero 30mm and would like to have everything set up in a 2" configuration so I don't have to keep swapping adapters in and out of the focusser. To this end I've put the 2" adapter option on to the Baader Zoom which works well but seems to stop you putting 1.25" filters onto the EP (the 1.25" filter thread comes off when you switch over as far as I can see) which is a bit annoying as I've also got a really nice Baader Neodymium filter I'd like to use with it.

Is there something I can add to the Zoom to allow me to use 1.25" filters with the 2" adapter in place or do I have to choose between using it in 1.25" mode/splashing out on the 2" filter?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Think you'l have to choose tbh. I know you can use 2" filters with 1.25" eps with some 2"-1.25" adapters, but not seen anything for the other way round. I'm in the same situation with my nd filter, but tbh switching isn't that much hassle.

Wouldn't be a bad idea though, just need a 2" disc with filter threads on the outside and a 1.25" hole in it with threads inside... Hmmmmmm....

That's it a bit of a pain for you and is one of the reasons I chose a 2" filter (.....a bit expensive I know) so that I could attach it to the end of the diagonal that's inside the scope, leaving me free at the other end to swap about between eyepieces - not sure what the solution might be for you.

James

That's it a bit of a pain for you and is one of the reasons I chose a 2" filter (.....a bit expensive I know) so that I could attach it to the end of the diagonal that's inside the scope, leaving me free at the other end to swap about between eyepieces - not sure what the solution might be for you.

James

I always attach my filters to the end of the diag,so i can swap EP's over and not worry about the filters.

Archived