Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax 6 - Range Check Error Frustration

mart rich

All

I have been struggling since buying a new camera (Canon 650D) and taking video of planets (well only Jupiter so far).

Taking the video is fine, converting .mov to .avi is fine and I have even tried reducing from HD to 640x480 which is also working fine (as far as I can see). However I can't open any of these files in Registax 6 without a "Range Check Error" message. I beleive I am using the most recent update for Rehgistax 6 (updated yesterday and tried again - same problem). This is becoming very frustrating and despite several web searches I can't find a relevant solution for ths problem occurring in Registax 6. I have had some success previously using a webcam for capture and then stacking in Registax 6 but I really want to get the DSLR capture sorted so I don't have to drag the laptop outside as well.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome because Ihave come to the point of what feels like a brick wall!!

Thanks in anticipation

Martin

Archived