P'Shop cut and paste ?

Hi all,

I've been trying to image Cass A SNR over the last few clear nights.

Unfortunately it isn't visible in subs so the first session it was off to right and up when stacked, Iv'e since done more with it centred, now I know where it is, so what I need to do to

rescue the original data is some sort of masking and moving just the circle of SNR data and paste on top of the later data, sure it must be possible in PS so thought I'd be lazy and pick your collective brains to save me browsing lots of PS tutorials :)

Not worried about stars as done seperate RGB layer for them.

Dave

Just read through this and the grammar looks a bit confusing, hope you can make sense of it.

so what I need to do to

rescue the original data is some sort of masking and moving just the circle of SNR data and paste on top of the later data,

Just paste it in as a new layer, reduce the opacity a bit, so you can see both the foreground (new layer) and the background. Then just move and rotate the new layer until it exactly overlays your background.

Archived