NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Death to orange gradient! please help me buy the right filter?

Chris

The description modern astronomy gives is a good one if you want to check it out:)

I've just bought the one on astrobuyandsell so I'm a very happy chappy, I'll get PIxinsight also I reckon:)

Good work, I pulled the trigger and got one myself as well (CLS-CCD version). Just need clear skies now...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The filter of choice is the Hutech IDAS LP filter but ( a ) it is expensive and ( b ) you will have to devise a method of incorporating it in your image rain as you would need a 2" version. A lot can be done in post processing to alleviate this issue though as the example from my own garden shows but the above filter really does do a fantastic job:-

post-1029-0-10378800-1352368834_thumb.jp

Wow, that is an amazing difference with and without the Hutech IDAS LPS filter. I've got this filter on order and coming my way straight from Hutech so it should be here any day now. Can't wait to test it out - truly tremendous difference. Thanks very much for this image, it provides a perfect comparison.

Archived