Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iPhone adapters

Hi all I am just enquiring if any of you out there have one of the iPhone adapters as when I am trying to take photos all I seem to do is shake especially at the moment with it being cold..... Any info would be massively appreciated. Thanks :-)) x

Wow i'm famous!

Hi KerryAnn,

After I looked at the cost of buying a "proper" holder, I had a go at making my own. The main ingredients are really an old hard case for the back of your phone (or a new one...) that you can use. I fastened a bolt to it with superglue, and then the bolt to a clip/grip that holds round the eyepiece. The main thing is to line up the optical axis with the camera before securing it in.

It massively improved the pictures I was able to take! And video for playing with stacking. I've not got round to a second attempt yet but if you gather any tips please do share!

I'll link to the thread when I find it...

Cheers

Stevp

i went to halfords to buy a cheap cycle bell but all they had were the ones with a strap that tightens, i might raid the sprogs old meccano set to see if i can make a clamp and some sort of forwards/back adjuster. i found an old bolt and hard case for the phone tho.

those clips you posted are handy mate

It's holding it still that gets me as obviously it's cold now but once I get hold of some tubes, I will definately try make this one before I buy the ones shops are selling.... I would like someone's thoughts on them though as if the camera tube don't work I will need one lol :-)

Archived