Whats the difference between Shooting Stars and Meteors

They are two names for the same thing!

However Meteor and meteorite are not the same - a meteorite is a piece of space rock that has landed on the surface of the Earth, without completely burning up, after passing through the atmosphere as a meteor - or shooting star.

In that case I saw 2 meteors tonight.

Reminds me of a story, Once during some meteor shower me and my family drove up a really big mountain (in Scotland if you are wondering) we got there and saw maybe one or two meteors because it was so cloudy, when we returned to my Aunts house the clouds has disappeared and we could see trillions of stars and at least 12 meteors... Oh the irony!! :D

Bit of a random one, what is the advantages of buying stellarium for my phone over the free google sky ?

Well I have used google sky, maybe its just me but even when I hold it still it moves around a lot which was off putting, I don't know about stellarium but maybe it has more objects and is more stable.

Archived