NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Max guider Guidescope saddle - How to connect guide / finder scope?

I think that perhaps I'm just being a bit dumb here. The guider / finder saddle here

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-guidescope-rings-and-systems/adm-max-guider-guidescope-saddle.html

looks like an interesting idea to adjust the finder guider and get rid of the guidescope rings. But, if you use this, how do you attach the finder / guider to it? All I can find is guide rings to mount a finder / guider, in which case you've not eliminated anything and just put another adaptor into the mix.

Good read Kev, thank you - But how would I mount a finder scope on it? The only rings I can find for a finder are scope rings - If using them, then there's little point for this.

I get it for a camera lens as mentioned in the write up, but not a finder / guider.

Sara from the link that Kev sent you can see that the finder saddle itself has a Losmandy-style arrangement, so presumably you would still need to use a small set of fixed scope rings to hold the finder, these would then screw onto a small dovetail, this then clamps into the Losmandy-style grip of the saddle. Now it's in there very securely, but with the additional sidewards & up/down adjusters on this modified saddle you can now fine tune exactly the position you want the finder to be. Anyhow, that's my take on it, I think you'll still need a set of rings, but you have more control over them.......

Archived