olympus E420 or E520 dslr

might want to give some time to doing some AP so i am thinking along the lines of one of the olympus dslr bodies.

now i have the celstron 127 slt i have found imediatly that it will not be suitable for my nikon d80 as it is far to big and heavy for the tripod to manage and also that focus wheel on the scope would get in the way of the body.

so i have thought about size and weight and the olympus four thirds sytem comes up with the goods , but has any one here used one and what sort of results did you get?

HI, Have you considered a Canon they are very well equiped software wise for Asronomy e.g. Backyard EOS. The 1100D is a great and widely commended camera for astro imaging they are around the 200 mark for the camera body if you shop around online. I really like the 350D as well it doesn't have live view like the 1100D but its very light and compact, I've just picked up a second one on Fleabay for 81 pounds so they are very cheap as well:)

i have had a 350d and the 400d and didnt think much to there build quality, yes they are small and light but they feel like they will fall apart or breake at any time,the ones i have had have not failed me in the past in general usage but they felt as if they would

Archived