NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

250px shrouds and telrads

Any 250px owners out there using a telrad and a shroud?

If so which shroud do you use and how is your telrad attached?

I was using a modified 10" Astro Engineering shroud which did the job but wasn't perfect, I have since decided to attach my telrad to the scope and because of the limited space at the top of the 250px the shroud no longer fits at all.

Does the 12" AE shroud or the Astrozap fit ok with the telrad?

I use both on mine and they work together nicely. Shroud fits nice on the top with the telrad next to the 10x50 finder although I have a RDF instead of the finder which I think works better together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a telrad on back order from FLO for my 250px but I managed fine with a standard finder scope and no shroud at peak star party. I would be interested to hear from shroud users if it makes much difference. FYI my normal observing site is a dark sky one.

I have a DIY shroud. I live in a town surrounded by other bigger nastier towns and the light pollution is quite bad. The shroud really helps with the contrast so I put it on nearly all of the time. As I prefer evening observing - I mean pre midnight, I have to contend with light from other houses and the shroud is an essential for eliminating the stray light.

I am tempted to get an Astrozap because I want something I can leave in place when I collapse the scope, not an option with the DIY solution I have.

I don't have any other finder than the bog standard 9x50 that the scope came with.

Archived