NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

6SE or 8SE (that is the question!)

While you're there Deano, checkout the right angle finders, the red dot finders supplied are great but at or near the zenith I find contorting in to an S shape to get the alignment star in view uncomfortable to say the least.

I have yet to get one but it's on my list (ever growing...)

Cheers

Hugh

This is my 6SE with right angle finder

6SE-1.JPG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the antres one with swapable eyepieces (it has a standard 1.25" diagonal) I use a 27mm Eyepiece that came with it, about 7x. The weight puts it close to the C8 with the 2" diagonal, binoviewers, tube rings and dovetails etc, which is why I know the 8SE isn't so bad for stability

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/antares/50mm/right-angle/finder.html

While you're there Deano, checkout the right angle finders, the red dot finders supplied are great but at or near the zenith I find contorting in to an S shape to get the alignment star in view uncomfortable to say the least.

I have yet to get one but it's on my list (ever growing...)

Cheers

Hugh

I have a nice, bright little mirror that I use to see through the red dot finder when it's too difficult to get my head under it.

Archived