Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion with 4 sec subs

I am very impressed with just 4 sec subs, modded or not. So given it was a 450d and using the nifty fifty you were actually shooting at 80mm then? Just out of interest do you think you could of squeezed slightly longer subs at that focul length on a static?

Yes could probably have double the length without too much trailing. It was an experiment at the time to see how short an exposure could be. At 10 sec I felt I could start to detect trailing when the image was magnified.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great inspiration. Amazing result. Since it might cloud up later I don't wanna risk loading up my car and brave the icy roads, so I thought I'd give Orion a chance, if the weather holds.

That Moon might cause you some problems though...

Yeah I had a stern discussion with the moon yesteday when I had my 6 inch mounted on a parking lot a bit outside town, but if I'm only carrying my camera and tripod I'm just risking a 10 minute walk so. Might actually try my old 105mm for this.

Archived