NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Side by side setup on a HEQ5??

zimzimma

Hi

I'm just enquiring about a form of side by side setup on a HEQ5 pro mount. Im thinking because the weight is closer to the axis this might be an advantage to me. The thing is I have two telescopes(200pds/opticstar 80mm)both with losmandy dovetails, can I attach these to a Vixen tandem dovetail and does the HEQ5 allow for a vixen type dovetail to be used? This would save me buying anymore dovetails for the setup.

Also can anyone recommend someone who sells these at a reasonable price?

I also use EQMOD for my goto's, would this be a problem if mounted side by side? I presume it wouldn't due to correct polar alignment and me syncing on star(s) that are in the FOV, just making sure?

Once again, thankyou peeps.

Rt

Looking at your sig...I assume you have the 200 mounted with it's Losmandy dovetail on the HEQ5pro??

If so, then which type of saddle have you fitted to the HEQ5??

I have the ADM dual saddle which will take either the Vixen or the Losmandy dovetails.

A Dual bar (with either a Vixen or - I'd recommend - the Losmandy dovetail) fitted with Lonsmandy saddle plates will be extremely large and extremely heavy!

I have a dual bar using Vixen dovetails and this supported my 6" f3.5 Schmidt Newtonian along side the ED80 on the HEQ5.

Give it a bit more thought....

There's no added issues with GOTO etc - use the mount as normal.

Archived