NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RGB imaging - Can you synthesize the blue channel?

swag72

Gathering the data for my first proper serious colour attempt, I should have gathered the blue data after the red so that I could at least synthesize a green channel. But no .............

.......... So I have my luminance, red and green. Is there any way I can synthesize a blue channel?

Thanks for that info Steve - I've done it with limited success, in that the colours are just awful. Will it be better with a proper blue channel?

How do you subtract green and red from the luminance? Is't it a grayscale image? PI wouldn't let me do do it.

I assume the Pixelmath function in PI might do it, but I never figured out that one myself. Strictly speaking, R+B+G doesn't exactly equal L for typical filter sets depending on their responses, but unless you get real B, it's probably the next best thing.

I've done it with limited success, in that the colours are just awful.

I tried it with one of my own images at 70% green on red and the result was pretty good - are you getting too much magenta? If so, reduce the brightness of the composite red/green

• 3 weeks later...

Archived